Mon, Jun 07|
Via Zoom - Details below
Tech Talk - "Buying Food Online" Series
Join our special guests Hailee and John from Myron Eldercare Consulting while they show us how to shop for food online from the Grocery Link!
Time & Location
Jun 07, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Via Zoom - Details below
About the event
Join OSA friends and tech advisors to bring us your technical questions every Monday. Drop in whenever you like to tune into what people are talking about that day. In response to survey responses, we will try to cover issues for PC, Apple and Android users.
This week's topic: Join our special guests Hailee and John from Myron Eldercare Consulting while they show us how to shop for food online from the Grocery Link.
Click HERE to join the Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 975 5754 9479
The Grocery Link is a family-owned Canadian company launched in Calgary, Alberta in January 2016.
The Grocery Link was developed based on these core values:
- To provide exceptional service to individuals and companies alike
- To offer an affordable alternative to taxi, Uber, and/or car rentals to access groceries
- To enable individuals who do not have a credit card, or computer, to be able to access groceries online
- To offer companies a way to provide healthy snacks to employess without having to actually go shopping
- To help save families time shopping, enabling them to spend more quality time with their loved ones
- To help people save money by reducing in store impulse spending
- To help seniors and/or persons with disabilities, prolong their right to independent living
- To assist caregivers by picking-up and delivering much needed groceries, so they can focus on quality companionship instead of grocery shopping
"Myron is dedicated to increasing technological literacy among aging Calgarians. This will be achieved by providing education and support for aging Calgarians to learn how to access desired technology and order groceries online. Instacart, Coop, Save on Foods, T&T Market, Flanders Fine Foods and Spud.ca are examples of platforms we will be showcasing. Myron provides two avenues, digital and print.
COVID-19 has increased isolation of elders in our communities. Whether you're hindered by the fear of using on-line services or need the step by step guidance, Myron is here to educate elders in the community. Providing elders with the skill set to access technology, set-up an account, confidently place and pay for an on-line order and have it delivered safely to their doorstep all while allowing elders to age in place with independence and the ability to learn new skills in a digital world."
Contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding this event.
In exchange for my participation in activities or events provided or organized by the Oakridge Seniors Association of Calgary, Alberta I agree that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of the OSA Release, Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agreement (Can be viewed by clicking here)